Product review: Zeus All Terrain riding jacket
There are adjustment straps on the arms and around the waist of the jacket that provide some adjustment for a comfortable fit
I had the opportunity to try out the All Terrain jacket from Zeus Motorcycle Gear last month at a media event in Goa. The jacket comes with its own thermal liner and also has pouches for a hydration pack and the included 'body warmer' pack. This is a clever little product that produces its own heat using activated carbon. It's re-usable for up to 20 hrs of riding too.
I opted for the all black colour but then had to guess at which size to order. The company website has no sizing chart so getting the right size when online shopping is a hit and miss thing. It's something that Zeus could consider adding in.
If it's any help I'm 5'9" and fairly large around the middle and the XL size fit comfortably. There are further adjustment straps on the arms and around the waist of the jacket that provide some adjustment but the fit around the chest and abdominal sections is more on the loose side. That being said this is an all weather jacket and needs to be comfortable with multiple layers under it so finding it a little roomy with the thermal/waterproof layer removed, is quite understandable.
The jacket is water proof and comes with a inner liner which can make it rather warm in a climate like Mumbai's
In use the jacket was comfortable while riding and the only gripe I have was that it's not quite suited for hot and humid weather. Which is just the kind of weather we experienced in Goa and I found the jacket quite warm on the ride. The zippered air vents on the arms, chest and back do provide some cooling but only work at speed and as soon as you start trudging through traffic or when you're waiting at a signal it does start to get quite uncomfortable. If your riding is restricted to primarily city commutes in a warm climate like Goa or Mumbai you're better off with a mesh jacket.
When the weather is cooler this is a great jacket and riding around in the colder climate in Pune it was really comfortable. Since it has a spacious fit you could easily add in an additional layer for really cold climates (like when riding up in the mountains) insuring that you're well protected from both spills and the elements.
Price: Rs 6499
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh