Suzuki Gixxer long term review: Introduction
I've been a fan of the Gixxer ever since I first rode it at the media ride last year. Since then it's gone on to win every comparison test we've thrown at it and we are very impressed with this little Suzuki.
With 14.8PS, this bike is a lot more at home carving up traffic than handling long distance rides and it is a very effective tool in traffic. The immediate engagement is through the riding position that feels sporty while staying roomy enough for us taller riders. The meters which initially do look a bit confusing offer you every bit of information you need including gear position and time, and a shift light - easily the best in class. The compromise between ride and handling is also superb and you feel as confident running it through potholes as you do leaning it over in corners. I don't have any speed breakers on my route but Alan, Lijo and Jatin have all complained that the bike has a tendency to scrape the large ones if you're not careful. Fuel efficiency is not bad at all - we've been receiving steady 40kmpl plus figures on our commutes.
So far the experience has been flawless but we did have an unusual instance where a friend with a brand new Gixxer discovered that our keys were interchangeable and that both keys started both bikes. That's something Suzuki should look into.
Aside from that, the Gixxer has been running as sweet as the day we first got it. It's smooth and eager, feels premium and special and is just an all-round happy motorcycle to ride. So much so that I doubt I'll be the one writing its next longterm report.
Total mileage 3,798km Date acquired Dec'14
More articles from OVERDRIVE on the new Suzuki Gixxer:
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 73,546
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India