TVS Star City+ long term review: After 4,424km and nine months
The Star City + has had a change of hands this month as Rishaad tossed the keys of the TVS to me. My first long termer!
First impressions? As Lijo mentioned in the previous report, the paint quality is indeed very good. No scuffs or scratches to report.
Like nearly all carburetted bikes, it doesn't like cold starts and I've discovered that pulling the choke out doesn't do much. I've reported this to TVS but the bike came back from service without much change. But once the engine starts, the frown turns into a wide smile. What a motor! This has to be one of the most refined engines in the class. At idle there are barely any vibes. In fact, even at full throttle in fourth gear, the vibrations at the pegs or on the handlebar are not bothersome.
My commute route includes a short highway stint and the TVS surprised me with her abilities. The motorcycle is surprisingly stable even at speeds over 80kmph The light weight and good balance makes easy work of rush hour woes. And contrary to my apprehensions, the drum brakes do a fine job. However, I do wish that TVS had provided better tyres. Thanks to a puncture in the front tyre, which required a change of the tube. They may be affordable but I really think all bikes should have tubeless tyres - even most scooters come with them these days. Also, I find that the horn isn't very effective and needs to be louder.
Besides this, the motorcycle has been a reliable companion this month and I am happy to commute to office on the aptly named Star City +.
Total mileage: 4424 km, date acquired: Aug'14, This month: mileage 801km fuel 16 litres efficiency 50.00kmpl
More from OVERDRIVE on the new TVS Star City++
Starts Rs 46,088
- News2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback partly revealed in new teaser
- News2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF facelift launched in India for Rs 1.09 Lakh
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 250 launched in India - priced at Rs 1.70 lakh
- NewsDeliveries of the Honda CBR650R super sport commenced in India
- NewsLive updates: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 India launch
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip