TVS Star City+ long term review: After 4,424km and nine months
The Star City + has had a change of hands this month as Rishaad tossed the keys of the TVS to me. My first long termer!
First impressions? As Lijo mentioned in the previous report, the paint quality is indeed very good. No scuffs or scratches to report.
Like nearly all carburetted bikes, it doesn't like cold starts and I've discovered that pulling the choke out doesn't do much. I've reported this to TVS but the bike came back from service without much change. But once the engine starts, the frown turns into a wide smile. What a motor! This has to be one of the most refined engines in the class. At idle there are barely any vibes. In fact, even at full throttle in fourth gear, the vibrations at the pegs or on the handlebar are not bothersome.
My commute route includes a short highway stint and the TVS surprised me with her abilities. The motorcycle is surprisingly stable even at speeds over 80kmph The light weight and good balance makes easy work of rush hour woes. And contrary to my apprehensions, the drum brakes do a fine job. However, I do wish that TVS had provided better tyres. Thanks to a puncture in the front tyre, which required a change of the tube. They may be affordable but I really think all bikes should have tubeless tyres - even most scooters come with them these days. Also, I find that the horn isn't very effective and needs to be louder.
Besides this, the motorcycle has been a reliable companion this month and I am happy to commute to office on the aptly named Star City +.
Total mileage: 4424 km, date acquired: Aug'14, This month: mileage 801km fuel 16 litres efficiency 50.00kmpl
More from OVERDRIVE on the new TVS Star City++
Starts Rs 46,088
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055