Video: One year on for CS Santosh with Hero MotoSports Team Rally
It is a year since CS Santosh first rode for the Hero MotoSports Team Rally outfit. For Santosh, having already done the Dakar Rally twice as a privateer, once astride a KTM and once astride a Suzuki, it was something of a dream come true. A factory ride with Hero allowed him the freedom to ride, to train, to get miles under his tyres, to get to know his motorcycle better. Essentially, to do everything that would allow him the chance to improve as a rider on every level, with the ultimate objective being to ride competitively at events like the Merzouga Rally, the Rally of Morocco, and, hopefully to someday win the Dakar.
One year on, we're at the Hero MotoSports Team Rally garage at Merzouga. The second stage has just gotten done, and Santosh rides into the garage. He takes his helmet off and he's smiling. Given that he's just ridden approximately 250km that includes both liaison and competitive stage distances and battled the soaring temperatures and dratted navigational challenges that the rally's thrown his way, it's a good sign. A very good sign, in fact. So good that Santosh says "It's the best stage of my international rally career." After all, now he knows the bike, he knows the team, and the more miles he's getting in long distance rallying, the more he's learning. "Learning what to expect from stages like these," amongst other things, he says.
Watch the full video here:
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar