Video: One year on for CS Santosh with Hero MotoSports Team Rally
It is a year since CS Santosh first rode for the Hero MotoSports Team Rally outfit. For Santosh, having already done the Dakar Rally twice as a privateer, once astride a KTM and once astride a Suzuki, it was something of a dream come true. A factory ride with Hero allowed him the freedom to ride, to train, to get miles under his tyres, to get to know his motorcycle better. Essentially, to do everything that would allow him the chance to improve as a rider on every level, with the ultimate objective being to ride competitively at events like the Merzouga Rally, the Rally of Morocco, and, hopefully to someday win the Dakar.
One year on, we're at the Hero MotoSports Team Rally garage at Merzouga. The second stage has just gotten done, and Santosh rides into the garage. He takes his helmet off and he's smiling. Given that he's just ridden approximately 250km that includes both liaison and competitive stage distances and battled the soaring temperatures and dratted navigational challenges that the rally's thrown his way, it's a good sign. A very good sign, in fact. So good that Santosh says "It's the best stage of my international rally career." After all, now he knows the bike, he knows the team, and the more miles he's getting in long distance rallying, the more he's learning. "Learning what to expect from stages like these," amongst other things, he says.
Watch the full video here:
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range