Video worth watching: Faraday Future FF prototype drag races with Bentayga, Ferrari 488 GTB and Tesla Model X
"We set out to make this car do 0 to 60mph in 4 seconds 3.4 seconds...to somewhere below that," says Peter Savagian, VP, Propulsion Engineering. Now such performance numbers are generally reserved for the exquisite supercar club consisting of the Ferraris, Porsches and the Lamborghinis of the world. However, Peter is not talking of any of those. He is instead talking of a car built by an American start-up called Faraday Future.
A quick search will state that Faraday Future is a company that focuses on the development of intelligent electric vehicles. The company had been putting out teasers of its hyper electric car, the FFZero1, until it made its debut in January last year. But this video is not about the FFZero1 concept. It is about the brand's latest unveil that was shown at the Consumer Electric Show a few days ago. The Faraday Future FF 91 will be the company's first vehicle that will go into commercial production. Saying that only 300 samples of the same will be manufactured. Deliveries are scheduled to begin by 2018.
While you can read about the details of the Faraday Future FF 91 here, check out the video below wherein the FF prototype is taking on the likes of the Bentley Bentayga, Ferrari 488 GTB and the Tesla Model X. Just to complete the first line of the story, Faraday Future claims that the FF 91 will do 0 to 60mph in 2.9 seconds, making it the fastest EV in the world.
Starts Rs 4.2 Crore
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018