Video worth watching: Ford GT-powered Hoonitruck
It's hard to believe that a decade has passed since we were first introduced to the rubber-burning madness that is the Gymkhana series from Ken Block. No, really. Just think of how far back 2008 was! Anyway, since then, Block has gone from rally-specials like his Subaru Impreza to a built Ford Focus, before really turning things up to eleven with a grounds-up custom 1965 4WD Ford Mustang called the Hoonicorn. Block's machines of choice are now as legendary as the Gymkhana videos themselves. And if some would argue that the format was getting a little repetitive, Ken Block and team have a trick up their sleeves for the yet-to-be-released Gymkhana Ten.
Enter the Hoonitruck, a drift special based on a 1977 Ford F-150. As if a drift truck weren't unexpected enough, the Hoonitruck has a 3.5-litre Ford EcoBoost V6 pulled straight out of a Le Mans development Ford GT. Tuned (of course), the twin turbo motor peaks with 914PS and 951Nm of torque and has trick parts like a 3D-printed intake. Similar to the Hoonicorn that came before it, it's got four-wheel drive courtesy a Sadev six-speed gearbox. Of course, we'll just let the man himself do the talking.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh