Video worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
BMWs are all about performance and driving dynamics. Be it an entry-level offering or the flagship, all of them are known to engage the driving enthusiasts. The German carmaker is set to revive its fabled CSL badge, that went out of production in 2004, for its new M-badged cars. However, this time around we are writing about the second generation of BMW 5 Series that was manufactured from 1981 to 1988 also called as the E28.
This BMW E28 is powered by an inline-six that was offered in the M5 and M6 of the 1980s
There are many out there kept in the best possible collection by their owners. However, this one is truly special and is called the Rusty Slammington. Yes, that might sound odd but look at the images and you shall realise why its called so. What started as a Toyota Supra 1JZ-GTE powered E28 was later updated to performance-spec race-prepped BMW S38 inline-six that was offered in the M5 and M6 of the 1980s. Here's a quick look at the Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series.
Starts Rs 52 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019