Zeus Highway Rider gloves review
Of all the Zeus gear we have recently reviewed the Highway Rider gloves have proven to be the best product. These full gauntlet leather gloves come in a smart leather construction with a choice of all black or a smart black/grey/white scheme like the ones we have. First impressions are good. The gloves have a nice pre curved shape to the palm and fingers which is not something you generally see with locally made budget gloves. Build quality seems good too with clean stitching and no unnatural creases or loose threads about. The top face features small faux carbon fibre protectors along the top of the fingers while base of the fingers has ventilated plastic protectors. The knuckle protector comprises two tough pieces of plastic encased in a high density rubber housing. The gloves feature a secure, three stage clasp system which makes sure the gauntlet gets a firm grab on your jacket sleeve.
The gloves have a nice pre curved shape to the palm and fingers which is not something you generally see with locally made budget gloves
The gloves feature a secure, three stage clasp system which makes sure the gauntlet gets a firm grab on your jacket sleeve
The underside gets some Kevlar padding in the palm region while the gauntlet itself gets some thick padding in areas to provide structural rigidity. Perhaps the only issue with these gloves lie in the sizing. Both Alan and I are generally a size XL but find that these size L gloves fit perfectly. As with the jacket and pants, it would be best to try a pair on before you make a purchase. Nevertheless the fit is surprisingly good. The gloves feel good on the hand and while the elastic band around the wrist feels rather tight at first it does loosen up with use. There's a moisture wicking liner on the inside that does its job well while the gloves offer good grip reasonable tactile feedback. The bottom of the palm features silicon droplets for added grip but past experience indicates that they will slowly peel off with use. At Rs 2,900 these gloves make very good value for someone looking for a cost effective but effective full length hand protection.
Available at zeusgear.in for Rs 2900
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India