Zeus Highway Rider gloves review
Of all the Zeus gear we have recently reviewed the Highway Rider gloves have proven to be the best product. These full gauntlet leather gloves come in a smart leather construction with a choice of all black or a smart black/grey/white scheme like the ones we have. First impressions are good. The gloves have a nice pre curved shape to the palm and fingers which is not something you generally see with locally made budget gloves. Build quality seems good too with clean stitching and no unnatural creases or loose threads about. The top face features small faux carbon fibre protectors along the top of the fingers while base of the fingers has ventilated plastic protectors. The knuckle protector comprises two tough pieces of plastic encased in a high density rubber housing. The gloves feature a secure, three stage clasp system which makes sure the gauntlet gets a firm grab on your jacket sleeve.
The gloves have a nice pre curved shape to the palm and fingers which is not something you generally see with locally made budget gloves
The gloves feature a secure, three stage clasp system which makes sure the gauntlet gets a firm grab on your jacket sleeve
The underside gets some Kevlar padding in the palm region while the gauntlet itself gets some thick padding in areas to provide structural rigidity. Perhaps the only issue with these gloves lie in the sizing. Both Alan and I are generally a size XL but find that these size L gloves fit perfectly. As with the jacket and pants, it would be best to try a pair on before you make a purchase. Nevertheless the fit is surprisingly good. The gloves feel good on the hand and while the elastic band around the wrist feels rather tight at first it does loosen up with use. There's a moisture wicking liner on the inside that does its job well while the gloves offer good grip reasonable tactile feedback. The bottom of the palm features silicon droplets for added grip but past experience indicates that they will slowly peel off with use. At Rs 2,900 these gloves make very good value for someone looking for a cost effective but effective full length hand protection.
Available at zeusgear.in for Rs 2900
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?