Feroci writes a letter
I turn one today. Shumi took the reins and began his reign exactly one year ago at the Ducati showroom (where else) in Mumbai. Maybe reign is a strong word, because he's... No it is a reign. But before I get to him, I've other people who need to be, er, addressed. Yes, like pets and owners, I seem to have started talking like him. Damn.
A full-on ball of emotions as I take delivery at Ducati Mumbai. A gaggle of friends showed up and it was wonderful and inside my deepest of the deep, slightly awkward
Mark is the man on a mission at Ducati Mumbai. Mark and I actually rode together before Shumi got a chance - to the RTO. Good ride, Mark, yes?
Feroci, OD's long term 2016 Ducati turns one
Roald is Smile Bhai to us - it's an inside joke. Roald (then at Ducati Mumbai) was the man who did all the paperwork while Shumi nervously flitted in and out of the showroom worrying everyone in sight. Smile Bhai kept him sane (I think).
I haven't actually met him. But he's the man who did the stripe design on his computer at the OVERDRIVE offices. Thank you Balvir!
Zubin Ponappa has been working on big motorcycles since time immemorial and remains the TLC-man for Ferocitas my KTM 390 and Feroci, the gorgeous Ducati Multistrada he's posing with here
Zu is my bae. He's seen more of me than Shumi. Zubin took me to Zubinn Design HQ before registration and executed the design you all love so much. He also made/installed/fixed every mod you see on the bike. Such care and patience. Especially for Shumi. Hahahahaha!
Josh is my other bae. Unfortunately we haven't met in a while. But I've a feeling we will. And it'll probably be on the road too. Garage 52 (@garage52mumbai), I'm coming over soon!
Wagon R Uber/Ola
April 1, 2017. I haven't forgotten. You'll get what you deserve.
Yes, Bert, I remember corner before Pang a little too well.
Pankaj Sharma at Ducati Delhi
Thank you for fixing me so well and so fast. The ride back to Mumbai was so much fun!
Anand, Dodo, Vignessh and Abhay
Again? When? Racetrack? Remember this? Mountains? Both? Come on come on let's go. We'll let Shumi come and break a leg also. Heh heh
In a year. Wow. I'm so happy. I've been taken care of. And like Shumi, I'm a bit of a workaholic. I'll need new brake pads and tyres soon, though...
Onward and forward, then! Thank you all for following my story!
Starts Rs 18,91,170
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far