Ferrari 488 Pista Spider unveiled at Pebble Beach
Earlier this year, Ferrari launched the 488 Pista, a hard-core performance version of the 488 and is a fast successor of the 458 Speciale and also the the other V8-engined offerings like the 360 Challenge Stradale, 430 Scuderia and 458 Speciale. At the ongoing Concours d'Elegance event held at Pebble Beach in California, Ferrari has showcased the 488 Pista Spider. While in terms of mechanicals, the 488 Pista Spider shares every bit with the hard roof version, it weighs over 90kg more with the new roof folding mechanism. This has however not affected the performance of the Italian offering. To be precise, the Ferrari 488 Pista Spider takes the same amount of time to reach 100kmph and is 0.4s slower to reach 200kmph.
In case of the regular 488 Pista, Ferrari mentions that the exhaust note is louder than that of the 488 GTB. The F1-inspired front S-Duct and the design of the front diffusers which feature a ramp angle that was optimised for the 488 GTE to create strong suction for increased downforce has been offered in the 488 Pista. Additionally, the rear blown spoiler is higher and longer and the shape has been optimised, resulting in 20 per cent increase in downforce compared to the 488 GTB.
The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider features new diamond-finish 20-inch alloy wheels with a novel 10-spoke star-effect interpretation of Ferrari's traditional mid-rear engine berlinetta-style rims. Also available are the optional one-piece carbon-fibre wheels which offer a 20 per cent weight reduction over the standard forged alloys.
Starts Rs 3.97 Crore
Starts Rs 4.22 Crore
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19