Ferrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
At a recent investor meet, Ferrari put forth its plans for the next five years. The company is set to launch 15 new cars by 2022. It has also decided to split its range of cars into four segments based on their attributes.
The first of these segments is the Sport segment. This currently consists of the 488, and the 812 Superfast. As per Louis Camilleri, the new Ferrari boss, these cars will all have hybrid powertrain for their next generation. Also, a new mid-engined V8 sportscar will also be offered which will sit above the 488 in the company's line-up.
The Super Series line-up will include one-off and limited run models of Ferrari's Sport cars. The 488 Pista and F12 tdf currently fall in this category. The upcoming Sport and Super Series models will sit on a new mid-engined architecture being developed.
The next segment is the GT. This currently consists of the Portofino and the GTC4 Lusso. The big news is that these cars will be joined by the first five-door Ferrari in history. This will target SUV buyers but will have a unique body style unseen on any such type of car before. These will also be hybridised. The SUV has been codenamed the Purosangue. Both the Purosangue and new GT inspired by iconic Ferrari's from the 1950s and 1960s will ride on a new front-engine platform developed by Ferrari.
The Icona segment will have limited-editions and one-offs inspired by past Ferrari hits but carrying the latest technology. The recently shown Monza SP1 and SP2 are the first of these cars.
This is line with Ferrari's strategy of increasing profits, increase sales and have hybrid vehicles account for 60% sales by 2022.
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe to be launched in India on October 15