FIA F3 European Championship: Victory for Jehan Daruvala in Race 1 at Spa-Francorchamps
Jehan Daruvala has had a fairly successful time in the 2018 season of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, and things seem to have gotten better at the Spa-Francorchamps round of the series. Daruvala scored pole position at the track yesterday, and translated that pole position into race victory earlier today.
Jehan Daruvala finished first in Race 1 of the 2018 FIA F3 European Championship at Spa-Francorchamps
Jehan's weekend didn't get off to a good start though, with the Carlin driver only being able to put in laps in the last five minutes of the session. But he somehow managed to put in a terrific lap during his third try, taking pole by 0.10 seconds.
During the first race, Jehan lost out when the lights went out, and had fallen to third place after the first corner. But he managed to get into second place after the Eau Rouge corner. An incident behind the leading drivers ended up necessitating a Safety Car situation, after which the race resumed with Alex Palou in the lead and Daruvala second. Once again, out of Eau Rouge, Jehan managed to move up one position, this time making it into the race lead. He then opened up a bit of a gap to the chasing pack, with two successive fastest laps in the race. Jehan eventually won the race with 3.2 seconds from Palou, and 11.9 seconds from third-placed Ralf Aron.
The Indian driver took third place in the second race of the Spa round of the championship held the same day
Speaking of his victory, Jehan said, "The start was not ideal, but I kept my cool as I knew we were quick. Once I was ahead, I just had to make sure I made no mistakes. A lot of credit goes to the team for all the effort that they have put in."
In the second race, Jehan managed to move from 12th place to third place, taking his second podium finish in one day.
Jehan will start fourth for Race 3 tomorrow.
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?