FIA F3 European Championship: Victory for Jehan Daruvala in Race 1 at Spa-Francorchamps
Jehan Daruvala has had a fairly successful time in the 2018 season of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, and things seem to have gotten better at the Spa-Francorchamps round of the series. Daruvala scored pole position at the track yesterday, and translated that pole position into race victory earlier today.
Jehan Daruvala finished first in Race 1 of the 2018 FIA F3 European Championship at Spa-Francorchamps
Jehan's weekend didn't get off to a good start though, with the Carlin driver only being able to put in laps in the last five minutes of the session. But he somehow managed to put in a terrific lap during his third try, taking pole by 0.10 seconds.
During the first race, Jehan lost out when the lights went out, and had fallen to third place after the first corner. But he managed to get into second place after the Eau Rouge corner. An incident behind the leading drivers ended up necessitating a Safety Car situation, after which the race resumed with Alex Palou in the lead and Daruvala second. Once again, out of Eau Rouge, Jehan managed to move up one position, this time making it into the race lead. He then opened up a bit of a gap to the chasing pack, with two successive fastest laps in the race. Jehan eventually won the race with 3.2 seconds from Palou, and 11.9 seconds from third-placed Ralf Aron.
The Indian driver took third place in the second race of the Spa round of the championship held the same day
Speaking of his victory, Jehan said, "The start was not ideal, but I kept my cool as I knew we were quick. Once I was ahead, I just had to make sure I made no mistakes. A lot of credit goes to the team for all the effort that they have put in."
In the second race, Jehan managed to move from 12th place to third place, taking his second podium finish in one day.
Jehan will start fourth for Race 3 tomorrow.
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip