FIA F3 European Championship: Victory for Jehan Daruvala in Race 1 at Spa-Francorchamps
Jehan Daruvala has had a fairly successful time in the 2018 season of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, and things seem to have gotten better at the Spa-Francorchamps round of the series. Daruvala scored pole position at the track yesterday, and translated that pole position into race victory earlier today.
Jehan Daruvala finished first in Race 1 of the 2018 FIA F3 European Championship at Spa-Francorchamps
Jehan's weekend didn't get off to a good start though, with the Carlin driver only being able to put in laps in the last five minutes of the session. But he somehow managed to put in a terrific lap during his third try, taking pole by 0.10 seconds.
During the first race, Jehan lost out when the lights went out, and had fallen to third place after the first corner. But he managed to get into second place after the Eau Rouge corner. An incident behind the leading drivers ended up necessitating a Safety Car situation, after which the race resumed with Alex Palou in the lead and Daruvala second. Once again, out of Eau Rouge, Jehan managed to move up one position, this time making it into the race lead. He then opened up a bit of a gap to the chasing pack, with two successive fastest laps in the race. Jehan eventually won the race with 3.2 seconds from Palou, and 11.9 seconds from third-placed Ralf Aron.
The Indian driver took third place in the second race of the Spa round of the championship held the same day
Speaking of his victory, Jehan said, "The start was not ideal, but I kept my cool as I knew we were quick. Once I was ahead, I just had to make sure I made no mistakes. A lot of credit goes to the team for all the effort that they have put in."
In the second race, Jehan managed to move from 12th place to third place, taking his second podium finish in one day.
Jehan will start fourth for Race 3 tomorrow.
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images