Fiat 500L facelifted with three new versions Urban, Wagon and Cross
Fiat has just unveiled a facelifted version of its 500L crossover. The new 500L will be available in three variants Urban, Cross and Wagon. Common upgrades among all three versions are LED DRLs around the middle-row lights while the new front bumpers get a signature trapezoidal grille and a lower grille mesh. The Fiat 500L will now feature 1,500 internal customisation options, along with 10 external body colours and three roof colours. The interior gets an updated dashboard design and a new instrument cluster with a 3.5-inch colour display.
The Urban version is available in two trims Pop Star and Lounge. It measures 4,240mm in length, 1,780mm in width and 1,660mm in height, with a wheelbase of 2,160mm. It gets features like cruise control, electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors, a 5-inch infotainment system and 16-inch wheels. The Lounge variant gets a 7-inch touchscreen system and dual-zone climate control. The Fiat 500L Wagon, on the other hand, is a 7-seater version of the Urban variant, measuring 4,380mm in length.
The Fiat 500L Cross features a more rugged design theme thanks to the extra body cladding on the outside. It gets new bumpers with skid plates as well as 17-inch wheels. The 500L Cross gets three driving modes Normal, Traction+ and Gravity Control. Traction+, which can be activated at speeds below 29kmph, provides optimal torque distribution and braking between the front wheels in slippery conditions. If the system detects that one wheel has lost traction, it automatically sends power to the other wheel. Gravity Control is essentially a hill-descent control function, which keeps the speeds constant while going downhill, and can be activated only with the Traction+ function. The Fiat 500L Cross is 4,280mm long, 1,800mm wide and 1,680mm tall with a wheelbase of 2,610mm.
Engine options on the new Fiat 500L include diesels and petrols. The least powerful petrol variant features a 95PS 1.4-litre engine, while the more powerful one gets a 120PS turbocharged 1.4-litre unit. The Multijet diesel options include a 95PS 1.3-litre engine and a 120PS 1.6-litre engine. The starting price of the Fiat 500L (95PS, 1.4-litre petrol Urban Pop Star) is £16,195 (Rs 13.57 lakh) in the UK and deliveries will start from September.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far