Fiat announces week long design festival Emozione Italiana for India
A special event has been organized by Fiat India called "Fiat Emozione Italiana". This is a week long fest which will take place at the Fiat Caffe in Pune from February 17-22. The aim of this first ever culture week is to spread awareness about the reality of the Italian automotive environment.
The focus of the event will be 'automobile styling'. Students from reputed colleges like DYPDC Center for Automotive Research and Studies (Pune), DSK International (Pune) and National Institute of Design (Ahmedabad) will take part in this event.
Students will be designing Fiat's Punto and Linea models. Exterior of the car will be designed by transportation designing schools and students from fashion designing institutes will get to plot the interior.
The 2013 Fiat and Punto Absolute Editions
Emanuele Nicosia, MD of Beestudio, who has 38 years of automotive design experience to his name, which includes designing Ferraris will grace the occasion and share his experience with the students. Other distinguished personalities in designing like Ajay Sharma (head of design program, Fiat), Vikas Satwalecar (graphic and colour designer) and Talera (fashion designer) will also be present.
Commenting on this, Nagesh Basavanhalli, president & MD of FIAT Chrysler Automobiles India said, "FIAT cars are famous for its Italian styling and aesthetic appeal. FIAT India is happy to organize the Culture Week which is aimed at motivating the youth of the country towards the automobile segment. This is one of its kind conclaves for the designing students of India which will add value to the skills of the students. These students will get a chance to listen to the experiences of world famous designers from Italy. We look forward to see some very good styling in this contest."
The best designs will adorn the walls of Fiat Caffe in Pune.
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar