Fiat Chrysler recalls 8.58 lakh SUVs worldwide due to brakes and faulty airbags
Fiat Chrysler has recalled 8.58 lakh of its SUVs globally. The affected models include 5.42 lakh units of the Dodge Journey and Fiat Freemount. The fault has been detected in the ABS and ECU systems where there is a possibility of moisture building up, causing them to get disabled.
3.16 lakh units of 2003 Jeep Liberty and 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee have also been recalled due to faulty airbags. The airbags in the faulty models inflate without being activated due to the electrical noise that affects their electronic control modules and causes the front, side and the seatbelt pretensioners to deploy, says Fiat Chrysler. Reports say that seven Jeep owners have suffered injuries due to this issue.
Owners of vehicles affected by the recall will be notified by dealers and the replacement parts are expected by early 2016.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept