Fiat India cuts prices of Linea, Punto Evo and Avventura by absorbing increasing input costs
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India has announced that the brand will absorb rising input costs, thereby reducing prices of all variants of the Fiat Linea, Punto Evo and Avventura, currently sold here. Prices of the Fiat Linea range have dropped by up to 7.3 per cent, while the Fiat Punto Evo range sees a price drop of around seven per cent. This price cut is effective immediately, according to Fiat. This brings the entire Fiat Linea range within the Rs 10 lakh price bracket (ex-showroom).
The brand also says that it is overhauling its sales and service network across the country, making it more modern and better equipped. It has launched a new format for its dealerships, namely destination stores, and opened workshops in cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Kochi and Bengaluru. The brand plans on opening more Jeep-exclusive and Fiat-Abarth-Jeep dealerships by mid-2017. This should come just in time to welcome their new SUV, the Jeep Compass.
The Jeep Compass was recently spotted testing in India, and is scheduled to be launched here in August 2017. It could be priced around Rs 25 lakh, thereby taking on the likes of the Hyundai Tucson and the Honda CR-V. This could be FCA's big ticket moment at capturing the Indian market.
Here are the updated prices of the Fiat Linea, Punto Evo and Avventura in India (all prices are ex-Delhi):
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally