Fiat Punto Evo to be launched in India today
Fiat India will be launching the new Punto Evo today at New Delhi. The Delhi launch will be succeeded by the one in Mumbai on August 8. This is the first time since it was introduced in India in 2008 that the Punto receives a facelift.
The Punto Evo will come in seven variants. There are four engine options on offer- two petrol and two diesel. All the engines will be mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The new face may be modern but sides are still the same, however 16-inch wheels in the Punto 90 add character
The Punto's front fascia has been redesigned and looks like that of the Avventura. There are two lines running across the bonnet with a prominent bulge. Fiat has added more chrome to the fog lamp nacelles and grille. The Punto Evo gets new alloy wheels in the top-end trims and at the rear, there are redesigned LED lamps, bumper along with the Evo badging. Like the number of variants, there are seven colours which the Punto can be ordered in - including the new Glitterati Gold and the more sober Magnesio Grey that we drove recently.
Dashboard is all new and goes well with the new styling, finish has improved too. The wheel however is the same
Inside the cabin, there is an all-new dashboard which the Evo shares with the Linea. The black and beige design is standard on all the Punto variants except for the 90. Also exclusive to the Fiat Punto Evo 90 is the ambient lighting in the cabin.
We have driven the new Fiat Punto long enough for a nice, lengthy photo. Stay tuned for more info on the prices and other details we'll be reporting straight from the launch today.
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally