Fiat to launch the Abarth 595 Competizione in India on August 4
With the popularity of hot hatches like the Mini Cooper slowly growing in India, Fiat will enter the playing field on August 4, 2015 with its Abarth 595 Competizione. This hot hatch is essentially a Fiat 500 that packs a lot more punch than its sibling (we've driven the 595 Competizione - click here to see our review). Under the cute-looking exterior lies a lethal 1.4-litre turbocharged T-Jet petrol motor that churns out 160PS of power and 230Nm torque, coupled with a 5-speed AMT.
The 595 will sport Abarth branding on the exterior and on the inside as well, 17 inch alloy wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero tyres, a sporty new front bumper and a rear spoiler along with all the other regular creature comforts inside the car of course. The gear lever has been swapped for four buttons that will be used to select the gear mode along with paddle shifters. The car will have two driving modes to choose from Normal and Sport.
The 595 will be sold as a CBU in India, but Fiat plans on launching the Abarth Punto Evo and Abarth Avventura which should be manufactured at the Ranjangaon plant here in India. As always, the pricing of the Abarth 595 will likely determine how well this game plan works out for Fiat, especially with tough competition from Mini.
We've driven the Abarth 595 Competizione:
Starts Rs 29.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.9 Lakhs
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh
- NewsGoodyear launches two new range of tyres for cars and SUVs in India