Fiat to launch the facelifted Linea in India by first week of March 2014
Fiat showcased the facelifted Linea at the Auto Expo 2014. While no launch dates have been announced yet, a reliable source says that the launch could happen in the first week of March. The Linea facelift gets new fog lamps, new bumpers and a revised grille with chrome on it. The outside rear view mirrors now have turn indicators integrated into them. Inside, the dashboard also gets a new colour. Fiat have added more utility space like one and half litre bottle holders in the front. The audio system gets USB, aux and Bluetooth compatibility. Other features include 16-inch alloys, rear parking sensor, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps as also ambient dashboard lighting. As far as safety features are concerned, there is ABS, EBD and airbags on offer.
2014 Fiat at the Auto Expo
Fiat will continue with the 93PS 1.3-litre Multijet and 1.4-litre T-jet petrol engines for the new Linea. Both the engines will transfer power to the road via a 5-speed manual transmission. Fiat will not bring down the more powerful 1.6-litre Multijet engine to India soon.
2014 Fiat Linea interiors
Next up in the line for launches will be the Fiat Avventura launch. The launch may happen sometime around the second half of 2014. Fiat is also looking at launching the 500 Abarth in India.
2014 Fiat Linea diesel Emotion features and specifications
|Variant||1.3l multijet diesel Emotion|
|Power||93PS @ 4000rpm|
|Torque||209Nm @ 2000rpm|
|Features||Cruise control, audio system with USB, Bluetooth and aux compatibility, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, ambient dash lighting and blinkers on ORVMs|
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh