Fiat Turkey commences production of the Egea sedan
Fiat has commenced production of the Egea sedan at its Turkey plant. When it was unveiled, it was called the Aegea, but a recent teaser revealed the change in names. The production-spec version of the car is pretty much identical to the Aegea Concept that premiered earlier this year at the 2015 Istanbul Motor Show.
According to reports, the Egea will get four engine variants - two petrol and two diesel. The two petrols offered are a 1.4-litre mill that makes 95PS and a 1.6-litre E.torQ engine capable of 110PS. The diesel variants include a 95PS 1.3-litre Multijet II engine and a 120PS 1.6-litre Multijet II option. The car will be offered in both, manual and automatic transmissions.
Its measures 4500mm in length, 1780mm in width and is 1480mm tall with a wheelbase of 2640mm. With these specifications, the Egea will be ideal for the long overdue replacement of the Fiat Linea in India. However, the Fiat Egea is only produced in a left-hand drive variant, and the company has made no confirmations on the car's entry into India.
Image source: istanbulhaber.com
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market