Fifteen top teams to compete in JK Tyre Xtreme 4Play off-roading event
The JK Tyre Xtreme 4Play off-roading competition was flagged off in Chandigarh during a ceremony on Friday evening. The event, considered one of the biggest off-roading competitions to be held in the north of the country, has seen as many as 15 top teams from across India sign up. The team to beat, however, will naturally be home heroes - Gerrari Off Roaders.
Harjinder Singh, father of ace rallyist Hari Singh and Gobinder Singh Chopra, father of Kikad Lodge's owner Amrinder Singh, flagged off the teams
The two-day off-roading extravaganza will be held over seven-stages in Kikar Lodge, which is India's first private forest reserve, that extends over 1800 acres on the foothills of the Shivalik Mountains in Punjab. Each team in the event consists of two cars and four participants - two drivers and two co-drivers. Both cars in the team must complete a stage in order to qualify for points. The cars themselves are fully modified and feature rollcages, tuned engines, better suspension, and increased ground clearance, which in turn helps them tackle the obstacles on the stages. In the event that a car is stuck, the other car in the team needs to try and come to the rescue of their team-mates.
Gerrari Off Roaders has four teams in the event. Leading the outfit are Gurmeet Singh Virdi and Kirpal Singh Tung, who have the advantage of knowing the terrain fairly well. Kabir Waraich and Yuvraj Tiwana will also be a duo to watch out for. Other teams that are competing in the event include BODA from Bengaluru, MOCA from Arunachal Pradesh, Kerala Adventure Sports Club, and KTM Jeepers from Kerala, as well as MARS from Hyderabad.
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019