FMSCI Awards 2014: Vishnu Prasad bags Motorsport person of The Year trophy
With so many competitors across various forms of Motorsport, choosing the Motorsportman of the year must have definitely been a tough task. The winner was however chosen, a racer who has tremendous potential and skills to go ahead a long way in the future. He has proven it by winning the inaugural JK Tyre India Racing series as well as the National Karting Championship. He is none other than Vishnu Prasad.
Gautam Singhania presents the Motorsportperson of the Year award to Vishnu Prasad
The Chennai racer received the award and was delighted to come on top despite tough competition. He was also part of the team that took part in OVERDRIVE's 24 hour record breaking drive in Ahmednagar very recently. The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to K Krishnamurthy.
K Krishnamurthy receives the lifetime achievement award
Also felicitated during the the FMSCI awards night were the racers who did India proud in international circuits. The year 2013 set a new record in terms of participation and victories by racers as well as teams from Indian Motorsport. The FMSCI awards honoured the following racers from India.
He is currently India's best rally driver and after a lot of hard work and determination, Gaurav Gill finally finished on top in the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Chamoionship 2013. Losing out closely in 2012, the Delhi based Team MRF rally driver claimed top spot in the Championship driving a Skoda Fabia S2000 rally car. He also happens to be the first Indian to win the APRC championship. India's first Formula 1 driver, Narain Karthikeyan took part in the Auto GP series in 2013. He won a few races and even finished on podium. The racer continues to prove that he is one of the top International racers from India. The young racer from Chennai, Armaan Entahim moved from open wheel racing to the FIA GT Series in 2013 and finished an impressive three times on podium. Armaan was honoured at the award ceremony and is hoping to do even better in the next season. He w was also part of the team that took part in OVERDRIVE's 24 hour record breaking drive that rook place in Ahemdnagar recently. India's only Formula 1 and LeMans driver, Karun Chandhok was awarded for finishing in the podium in the prestigious Dubai 24h race. The Chennai racer has proven to be quote competitive in endurance racing and has made India proud. Pune based rally driver, Sanjay Talale has taken part in several International rally events earlier too and in 2013 won a FIA Asia Production Cup rally. Raj Bharath, the young racer has been representing the country in Asia level racing championships and last year claimed quite a few podiums in the Formula Masters China. Jehan Daruwala made India proud by not just winning an international karting race but going on to win the British Karting Championship, he came on top amongst top karting racers from around the world. He even won the 2014 CNBC TV18 OVERDRIVE Motorsport Award of the Year. Kush Maini also did the nation proud and finished second in the WSK Cadet Class Championship in 2013, again a world event. Mahi Racing, the Superbike racing team owned by Mahinder Singh Dhoni went on to win the constructor title in the World Super sport Championship. K Rajini, one of India's most successful motorcycle racers, won the 2013 Losail Asia Road Racing Championship while R Deepak, who seems to be another racing hero claimed second position in the 2013 Losail Asia Road Racing Championship. K Jagan finished third in the 2013 Asia Cup Road Racing Series and as a result make it to the FMSCI awards.
List of motorsportpersons who ably represented India abroad
- Gaurav Gill - FIA Asia Pacific Rally Champion
- Narain Karthikeyan - participate Auto GP series - Wins and Podiums
- Armaan Ebrahim - FIA GT Series -3 podiums
- Karun Chandok - Podium in the Dubai 24 Hour Race
- Sanjay Takale - FIA Asia Production Cup Winner
- Raj Bharath - Podiums in the Formula Masters China
- Jehan Daruwala - winner British Karting Championship
- Kush Maini - 2nd in the WSK Cadet Class Championship
- Mahi Racing - winner constructor World Super sport Championship
- K Rajini - 2W 2013 Losail Asia Road Racing Championship
- R Deepak - 2W 2nd in above
- K Jagan - 2W third place in the 2013 Asia Cup Road Racing Series
- NewsLive Updates: Bajaj Urbanite electric scooter India launch
- News2020 Tata Nexon SUV facelift seen in more spy pictures
- NewsHyundai Creta SUV E+ and EX variants get 1.6-litre diesel option
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class studded with 3.5 lakh CZ diamonds for Bharat Diamond Week
- Review2020 Triumph Street Triple RS first ride review