FMSCI President Bharath Raj passes away
R Bharath Raj, president of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India passed away today. Raj, also the president of the Karnataka Motor Sports Club, was 56 years old. The cause of death was reported to be a cardiac arrest.
Bharath Raj, late president of the FMSCI
Over the years, Bharath Raj had been an essential cog in the country's motorsport wheel, supporting the sport in a big way. Other than sponsoring motorsport events with his mining company IMG, Raj was also involved closely in organising events like the K1000 Rally in Bangalore. In fact that Indian Rally Championship was also sponsored by IMG Sports between 2008 and 2010.
A president with a personal touch and a rather hands-on approach, Raj will always be remembered for small gestures that he made, that went a long way and extended beyond just funding and organising motorsport events - like being present to welcome a returning motorsport hero at the airport, something he took great pleasure in. He will be missed dearly by the motorsport community.
Bharath Raj is survived by his wife.
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh