Ford and GM shake hands over 9- and 10-speed transmissions
We last head about the 9-speed auto transmission from Range Rover for the Evoque. Now seems like ex-boss Ford is set to up the ante. Ford and GM have announced that they are jointly developing nine and 10-speed transmissions. In a brief statement, both the companies said that they will be designing these transmissions for use in front- and rear-wheel driven cars, SUVs, crossovers and trucks. While both the manufacturers will jointly develop the transmissions, each will make their own units at their respective factories.
A piece of trivia! This isn't the first time that these arch rivals have collaborated. The six-speed transmission that the current Chevy Cruze employs has been developed by Ford-GM. Then there are other cars like the Equinox, Fusion and Edge which use these transmissions.
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900