Ford and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
Mahindra and Ford have announced they will co-develop a mid-sized SUV based on a Mahindra platform. This car will be sold independently by both companies under separate brands. They have signed five MoUs in which they have also agreed to evaluate co-development of a compact SUV and an electric vehicle, along with sharing powertrain portfolios which includes the supply of Mahindra powertrains to strengthen Ford's product range.
Mahindra and Ford also announced plans to co-develop a suite of connected car solutions for consumers. Over the three-year period of the deal, the companies will also explore opportunities to extend support to Mahindra in global emerging markets, including Ford's manufacturing and distribution network and collaborate to address future mobility needs.
These non-binding MoUs mark the strengthening of ties between both companies since first forming an alliance in September 2017 to address global challenges in the auto industry. The main aim of this deal is to accelerate the development of key products for consumers in India and emerging markets. The companies hope to leverage their strengths in the utility vehicle space. They also expect to benefit from Ford's global reach and expertise, and Mahindra's scale in India and its successful operating model. The two companies share a long relationship, they first partnered in 1995 to sell the Ford Escort in India. This car had marked Ford's foray into India and Mahindra's expansion into passenger cars.
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350