Ford Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
Leaked images have surfaced from an internal Ford event in the US which shows what could possibly be the carmaker's upcoming Ford Bronco SUV undisguised. There is also some chance that this could be the smaller so-called 'Baby Bronco' SUV.
The picture shows a car that looks heavily inspired by the original Bronco which debuted in the mid 1960s. The front fascia gets a round LED light signature, a flat-faced front end with Ford lettering and boxy styling throughout. The flat contrast roof, diagonal C-pillar and slight kink in the window line after the second row are other unique touches which also hark back to the original.
The Bronco will compete squarely against the Jeep Wrangler, but unlike that car will most likely feature monococque construction. The SUV could be based on the Ford Kuga/Escape or eevn the slightly larger Ford Edge SUV. Powertrian options will likely include a V6 petrol, a four-cylinder petrol and a hybrid version too. The Bronco will eventually spawn a full line-up of SUVs based on a similar design language. These will possibly compete with cars like the Jeep Compass and Jeep Renegade.
First generation Ford Bronco
The Ford Bronco was one of the more iconic Ford models in its time, developed at time when Ford was fresh from the success of the Mustang and looking to offer more options to the prolific car buying public of the time. It was built over five generations from 1966 to 1996 and has now gained cult status among enthusiasts, thanks in no part to its strong connect to pop culture. This is especially true to the first gen model with its simple design language and strong off-roading ability.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture