Ford Classic prices slashed by up to Rs 1 lakh
Ford India has slashed prices of the Classic sedan and launched it at a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh ex-Delhi. The new Classic saloon, which is essentially the old-gen Fiesta, will now be Rs 70,000 to Rs 1 lakh cheaper, which repositions the saloon as an entry-level three-box. The top-end 2014 Ford Classic is priced at Rs 7.59 lakh.
It now competes with the Fiat Linea Classic and the sub-4 metre sedans such as Honda Amaze, Maruti Dzire and the upcoming sub-4 metre sedans from Hyundai and Tata Motors. Ford attributes this price revision to its improved operational efficiencies.
The Ford Classic is powered by a 1.4 litre TDCi diesel and 1.6 litre Duratec petrol engines. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The Classic offers features such as keyless entry, speed sensitive locks, dual airbags and ABS as also EBD.
Vinay Piparsania, executive director of marketing, sales and service at Ford India, said, "Ford Classic is a fun to drive, full-sized sedan that is renowned for its spacious cabin and fuel-efficient powertrains. The repositioning will make the Ford Classic an even more compelling offering for customers across India looking to move up to a great sedan."
Ford India is expected to unveil the new Fiesta at the Auto Expo 2014. We are hoping that it wouldn't repeat the mistake of pricing it too closely to a D-segment sedan.
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900