Ford conducts voluntary inspection of 4,379 EcoSport SUVs sold in India
Ford India has issued an official statement wherein it will conduct voluntary inspection in 4,379 units of EcoSport SUVs sold in India, to check the weld integrity of the front lower control arm. The reason for the same as described by Ford is, "The weld strength on some of these vehicles may be below Ford specifications, which in rare cases, can potentially affect steering control." The affected SUVs were manufactured at the company's facility in Chennai between May 2017 and June 2017.
Additionally, the The company will also be getting in touch with the owners of 1,018 EcoSport SUVs, manufactured between November 2017 and December 2017, to inspect their cars for driver and front passenger seat recliner locks. The company has not received any complaints or reporting of any unpleasant experience by the customers of the above mentioned vehicles.
The domestic sales of Ford India in May reached 9,069 vehicles, up from 6,742 units, while exports grew to 17,119 vehicles compared to 16,761 units in May 2017. "Our continued focus on executing our strategic pillars of Strong Brand, Right Products, Competitive Cost and Effective Scale have ensured our growth which continues to be better than the industry," said Anurag Mehrotra, president and managing director, Ford India. Ford India also inaugurated its technical training facility in Chennai that is spread over 18,000-sq-ft. It will be the fourth such facility run by Ford and will additionally equip 500 technicians, taking the total number to 2500 trained technicians per year across facilities.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh