Ford conducts voluntary inspection of 4,379 EcoSport SUVs sold in India
Ford India has issued an official statement wherein it will conduct voluntary inspection in 4,379 units of EcoSport SUVs sold in India, to check the weld integrity of the front lower control arm. The reason for the same as described by Ford is, "The weld strength on some of these vehicles may be below Ford specifications, which in rare cases, can potentially affect steering control." The affected SUVs were manufactured at the company's facility in Chennai between May 2017 and June 2017.
Additionally, the The company will also be getting in touch with the owners of 1,018 EcoSport SUVs, manufactured between November 2017 and December 2017, to inspect their cars for driver and front passenger seat recliner locks. The company has not received any complaints or reporting of any unpleasant experience by the customers of the above mentioned vehicles.
The domestic sales of Ford India in May reached 9,069 vehicles, up from 6,742 units, while exports grew to 17,119 vehicles compared to 16,761 units in May 2017. "Our continued focus on executing our strategic pillars of Strong Brand, Right Products, Competitive Cost and Effective Scale have ensured our growth which continues to be better than the industry," said Anurag Mehrotra, president and managing director, Ford India. Ford India also inaugurated its technical training facility in Chennai that is spread over 18,000-sq-ft. It will be the fourth such facility run by Ford and will additionally equip 500 technicians, taking the total number to 2500 trained technicians per year across facilities.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil