Ford conducts voluntary inspection of 4,379 EcoSport SUVs sold in India
Ford India has issued an official statement wherein it will conduct voluntary inspection in 4,379 units of EcoSport SUVs sold in India, to check the weld integrity of the front lower control arm. The reason for the same as described by Ford is, "The weld strength on some of these vehicles may be below Ford specifications, which in rare cases, can potentially affect steering control." The affected SUVs were manufactured at the company's facility in Chennai between May 2017 and June 2017.
Additionally, the The company will also be getting in touch with the owners of 1,018 EcoSport SUVs, manufactured between November 2017 and December 2017, to inspect their cars for driver and front passenger seat recliner locks. The company has not received any complaints or reporting of any unpleasant experience by the customers of the above mentioned vehicles.
The domestic sales of Ford India in May reached 9,069 vehicles, up from 6,742 units, while exports grew to 17,119 vehicles compared to 16,761 units in May 2017. "Our continued focus on executing our strategic pillars of Strong Brand, Right Products, Competitive Cost and Effective Scale have ensured our growth which continues to be better than the industry," said Anurag Mehrotra, president and managing director, Ford India. Ford India also inaugurated its technical training facility in Chennai that is spread over 18,000-sq-ft. It will be the fourth such facility run by Ford and will additionally equip 500 technicians, taking the total number to 2500 trained technicians per year across facilities.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh