Ford crosses one million customer milestone in India
Ford India is the latest carmaker to cross the one-million sales mark in the country. The firm celebrated this achievement with an event in which Ford India's president and managing director, Anurag Mehrotra handed over the keys to a Ford Freestyle, the one-millionth car, to Nikhil Kakkar from New Delhi.
The company has been present in India since 1998 and has had successful products in its portfolio like the Ikon, Endeavour, Fiesta, Figo, and EcoSport, that have contributed to it achieving this feat.
Anurag Mehrotra President and MD Ford India handing over Ford Freestyle to Ford's one-millionth Indian customer - Nikhil and Alexandra Kakkar
Ford India has also invested more than US$ 2 billion in the country in this time. It has expanded its nationwide dealership network to include over 465 sales and service outlets in 267 cities across India. Ford has introduced other initiatives such as Service Price Promise, which allows customers to calculate the vehicles' periodic maintenance costs before booking the service at the dealership. This also lists parts prices online for customers, ensuring transparency.
Ford has also appointed retail distributors to sell Ford genuine parts across the country. These are available across 3,500 touchpoints, 2000 of those are independent repair shops.
Speaking on this achievement, Mehrotra said that Ford was proud to reach the one million customers mark in India and remained indebted to their customers for their faith and trust. He also said that their focus on India stood on four strategic pillars - Strong Brand, Right Products, Competitive Cost and Effective Scale. This would ensure that they would grow faster than the industry and bring more customers to the Ford brand.
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer