Ford EcoSport refresh revealed, November 2017 India launch to raise price slightly
Ford Europe has taken the wraps of their compact SUV, the Ford EcoSport. The Ford EcoSport model details, for now, are specific to the European market. We do expect, however, that the Indian Ford EcoSport - launch date uncertain - will also receive most of the updates though Indian engine and trim versions might differ. Ford promises a more versatile EcoSport this time around, with refinements to styling as well as in the engineering that underpins the new Ford SUV. Making a debut is the Ford Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system that Ford says will improve the EcoSport's abilities on-road as well as off-tarmac.
Ford is also expected to bestow on the European market a performance version, the EcoSport ST. In India, the Ford EcoSport prices currently start at Rs 7 lakh (approximately, ex-Delhi) and run up to Rs 11 lakh (approximately, ex-Delhi) and it competes with the likes of the Tata Nexon, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the Honda WR-V and the Mahindra TUV300. The new EcoSport, given its extra features, should push that price up a little.
But first, let us look at the new European Ford EcoSport in more detail. The Ford EcoSport is an important model for Ford India because of its success. This compact SUV, in fact, was the first of its kind to go on sale in India.
2018 Ford EcoSport features a rugged front end dominated by a large black trapezoidal grille
The big new feature of the European Ford Ecosport is the new Ford Intelligent All Wheel Drive which is combined with a new 1.5-litre EcoBlue diesel to offer improvements in CO2 emissions performance as 125PS and 300Nm. A six-speed manual transmission is standard. This is wrapped in a smooth new exterior that will retail in 12 colours in Europe. In Europe, there will also be a range of options for you customise your EcoSport with a contrast roof options and more. Inside you will find a floating 8-inch touchscreen and a range of storage bins including an adjustable floor in the boot. Ford will also offer their latest generation infotainment system, Sync 3. The lower trims, though, will get a smaller 6.5-inch colour touchscreen.
Among the options on offer are contrasting roof and pillar colours
The new Ford EcoSport will be made in Craiova, Romania for Europe and it will go on sale later this year. The Ford Edge and the Kuga are the current Ford SUVs on sale with a SUV-style Fiesta Activa crossover expected to come online next year.
Inside the new EcoSport is a floating 8-inch touchscreen and Ford's latest infotainment system, Sync 3
We believe the new Ford EcoSport will be launched in India around November. We expect the Indian car to continue to use the current 1-litre EcoBoost engine in India. This is because even in Europe, the new 1-litre EcoBoost will only go on sale in the middle of next year.
Check our image gallery of the new Ford EcoSport here
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India