Ford EcoSport gets DRLs as option in India
Ford offers the EcoSport with a huge feature list which has played a key role in the success of the compact SUV, especially in India. But still certain features like Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs) were missing from even the top-end variants, even as an option, in India. Ford India has corrected that omission and the DRLs are now being sold as an option. The headlamps, called Signature Headlamps, with DRLs can now be installed for Rs 14,000.
The DRLs are a popular accessory in the aftermarket space but they require the installers to tamper with the wiring thus violating the warranty. While the DRL will come at a slightly steeper price that the aftermarket options, the customers now won't have to worry about warranty just because they want DRLs.
Ford has received an overwhelming response for the EcoSport in India with customers having to wait six-eight months to get delivery. EcoSport comes in petrol, turbo petrol and turbo diesel variants with the majority of the sales being accounted for by the diesel version.
OVERDRIVE first broke the news of Ford contemplating the sunroof option for the Indian version. Read full report here.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- Review2019 Triumph Speed Twin first ride review
- NewsSkoda India and Volkswagen Group India inaugurate new tech centre under India 2.0
- OpinionWhy the makers do it
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS launched in India at Rs 16.85 lakh, ex-showroom
- News2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid launched at Rs 36.95 lakh, ex-showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani