Ford EcoSport gets DRLs as option in India
Ford offers the EcoSport with a huge feature list which has played a key role in the success of the compact SUV, especially in India. But still certain features like Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs) were missing from even the top-end variants, even as an option, in India. Ford India has corrected that omission and the DRLs are now being sold as an option. The headlamps, called Signature Headlamps, with DRLs can now be installed for Rs 14,000.
The DRLs are a popular accessory in the aftermarket space but they require the installers to tamper with the wiring thus violating the warranty. While the DRL will come at a slightly steeper price that the aftermarket options, the customers now won't have to worry about warranty just because they want DRLs.
Ford has received an overwhelming response for the EcoSport in India with customers having to wait six-eight months to get delivery. EcoSport comes in petrol, turbo petrol and turbo diesel variants with the majority of the sales being accounted for by the diesel version.
OVERDRIVE first broke the news of Ford contemplating the sunroof option for the Indian version. Read full report here.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review