Ford EcoSport gets DRLs as option in India
Ford offers the EcoSport with a huge feature list which has played a key role in the success of the compact SUV, especially in India. But still certain features like Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs) were missing from even the top-end variants, even as an option, in India. Ford India has corrected that omission and the DRLs are now being sold as an option. The headlamps, called Signature Headlamps, with DRLs can now be installed for Rs 14,000.
The DRLs are a popular accessory in the aftermarket space but they require the installers to tamper with the wiring thus violating the warranty. While the DRL will come at a slightly steeper price that the aftermarket options, the customers now won't have to worry about warranty just because they want DRLs.
Ford has received an overwhelming response for the EcoSport in India with customers having to wait six-eight months to get delivery. EcoSport comes in petrol, turbo petrol and turbo diesel variants with the majority of the sales being accounted for by the diesel version.
OVERDRIVE first broke the news of Ford contemplating the sunroof option for the Indian version. Read full report here.
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen T-Roc: 20 per cent of 1,000-unit run still available
- NewsCoronavirus impact: GWM initiates relief program for Delhi NCR and Pune
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS records a sale of 58,906 units in May 2020
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV gets new petrol and diesel variant, priced from Rs 88.80 lakh
- FeaturesDirty cars due to Coronavirus lockdown
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!