Ford Ecosport S compact SUV launched starting at Rs 11.37 lakh, limited duration Signature option pack also launched starting at Rs 10.40 lakh
Ford India today launched the top-spec Ford Ecosport S compact SUV at Rs 11.37 lakh for petrol variant and Rs 11.89 lakh for the diesel variant. Additionally, the company has also launched a limited duration Signature option pack for its previously top of the line Titanium trim level starting at Rs 10.40 lakh for petrol and Rs 10.99 lakh for diesel.
The EcoSport S receives smoked HID headlamps, smoked 17-inch alloy wheels and fog lamps. The roof and roof rails are now painted black and the front grille gets a darker finish as well. Inside, the S variant now has a 4.2-inch analogue instrumentation cluster, orange highlights on the seats as well as door trim, S badging and a new satin orange paint shade with colour-coordinated interior trim will be available. Ford's Sync3 8-inch infotainment system and a new powerslide sunroof is also available. There is also a tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) on the S and a new orange paint option.
Ford Ecosport S
Engine options for the Ecosport S are the reintroduced 1.0-litre Ecoboost turbo petrol putting out 125PS and 170Nm and the 1.5-litre Dragon diesel motor which outputs 100 PS. Both will be mated to a six-speed manual. Fuel efficiency figures stand at 18.1 kmpl for the petrol and 23 kmpl for the diesel.
The limited run Signature edition has also been for the Ford Ecosport. The is an option pack that sits above the Titanium+ trim level and gets a host of features to move the SUV upmarket. It features a more imposing grille with chrome surround and Diamond cut 17" alloys, black fog-lamp bezel along with all-round graphics, rear spoiler and roof rails. Its interiors will have subtle use of blue accents on seat stitching, centre console and instrument panel to add to its overall appeal.
Ford Ecosport Signature Edition
The Signature edition gets the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as the other Ecosport cars but unlike the S is equipped with the 1.5-litre TiVCt petrol motor which puts out 123PS. Fuel efficiency is 17 kmpl.
The Ford Ecosport will compete with the Tata Nexon, Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, all of which have been updated or will be updated in the near future. These changes will help Ford remain competitive in this segment and build on its sales which have been eaten away by these newer rivals.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire