Ford EcoSport S compact SUV to be launched on May 14
The 2018 Ford EcoSport compact SUV will get a new top-end variant in the form of the Titanium S model, and this will be launched on May 14. Reports suggest the new Ford EcoSport Titanium S is reaching dealerships now. Demo cars will be available soon after the launch.
The big news will be the return of the 1.0-litre Ecoboost turbo-petrol engine which puts out 124PS and 170Nm on the S. The 1.5-litre Dragon diesel motor will be available on both the S and the Signature edition will only get the 1.5-litre Dragon petrol. A new six-speed manual is also being made available.
Both the Ecosport S and Signature edition will feature 17-inch alloy wheels with a design similar to that seen in international markets and electric sunroofs. The EcoSport Titanium S also receives smoked HID headlamps and fog lamps. The roof is now painted black and the front grille gets a darker finish as well. Inside, the Titanium S variant now has a 4.2-inch analogue instrumentation cluster, orange highlights on the seats as well as door trim, S badging and a new satin orange paint shade with colour-coordinated interior trim will be available.
There is also a tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) on the Titanium S. With the launch of the new variant, the Titanium+ variant will no longer sport 17-inch wheels, and will move down to the 16-inch size. However, the latter is likely to retain its pricing. The EcoSport Signature Edition, meanwhile, will add a spoiler, blue trim and seat stitching detail, as well as ESC, and hill launch assist (HLA).
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix