Ford Ecosport SUV prices cut by upto Rs 57,400
Prices of the Ford Ecosport SUV have been cut for models across its range. The top-spec 1.5 diesel manual S has seen its prices drop the most, it is now Rs 57,400 cheaper, coming in at Rs 11.33 lakh. The smallest cut is Rs 8,300 for the 1.5 petrol Trend version.
The 1.0L petrol manual S is now Rs 55,400 cheaper. The other significant cut is for the 1.5 diesel manual in Titanium and Titanium Plus guise, these variants are now Rs 37,400 cheaper. The base 1.5-litre petrol Ambiente now costs Rs 7.69 lakh, a drop of Rs 14,000. The 1.5-litre petrol automatic, in its Titanium Plus spec, is now Rs 28,700 cheaper.
The Ecopsort is available in 12 variants, with three engine options. The 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol makes 123PS and 150 Nm, while the 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol (available only on the S trim) puts out 125PS/170 Nm. The 1.5-litre diesel makes a 100PS and 205 Nm. The 1.5 petrol can be had with a six-speed automatic. The 1.0-litre petrol gets a six-speed manual while diesel and petrol can be had with a five-speed manual. There are seven colour options.
Ford India also expanded the Ecosport lineup with the Thunder edition. This is an option on the Titanium trim, priced at Rs 10.18 lakh for the petrol and Rs 10.68 lakh for the diesel.
The prices have been reduced given an increase in the level of localisation. But this drop could also be a reaction to the Hyundai venue's pricing. Hyundai first entrant in this space has shaken up an already competitive segment with its aggressive pricing. The Ecopsort competes against the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV300, aside from the Venue.
Starts Rs 7.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!