Ford Endeavour-based Ranger pick-up truck facelift unveiled in Australia
The Ford Ranger pick-up truck, on which the Indian-market Ford endeavour is based, has received a facelift. The ute has been updated to reflect the changes that were seen on the North American models.
In terms of exterior changes, the new Ranger gets an updated grille with new chrome inserts and a revised front bumper. The interior gets an all-black theme with silver contrast stitching and shadow chrome accents.
A major change is the deletion of a manual transmission option across the range. The six-speed automatic seen on the Indian-spec Endeavour is joined by a 10-speed automatic.
A new engine option has been added to the Ranger alongside the 2.2-litre(160PS/385Nm) and 3.2-litre(200PS/470Nm) diesel. This is the 2.0-liter bi-turbo diesel engine from the Ford Ranger Raptor which produces 213 PS and 500 Nm.
Additionally, the facelifted Ranger has reworked suspension to reduce body roll as well as improve steering precision. It also gets a keyless entry system and the regular suite of active and passive driver aids.
It is unknown how many of these features will trickle down to the upcoming Endeavour facelift in India. While the new engine option is unlikely to make it here, some of the cosmetic changes, safety and comfort features might be made available.
Pick-up trucks in India are seen either as a lifestyle or utility choice and not as something to replace a car or SUV, this means that cars like the Ranger sell better in their three-row form. It is a similar case with the Toyota Fortuner a well, which is based on the Toyota Hilux pick-up truck.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh