Ford Figo Aspire to be launched in India on August 12, 2015
The Ford Figo Aspire is built on an all-new platform and is a sub 4-metre sedan. It is available with both petrol and diesel engines and manual as well as automatic transmissions. The 1.5-litre diesel, while identical to the one in the Fiesta and EcoSport, boasts a higher power and torque rating- 100PS and 215Nm. It comes mated to a 5-speed transmission. Ford claims a fuel economy of 25.83kmpl for the Figo Aspire diesel. The 88PS/112Nm 1.2-litre petrol engine has also been heavily reworked and gets variable valve timing on the intake as well as exhaust and is claimed to offer a fuel economy of 18.16kmpl. Ford also offers a 112PS/136Nm 1.5-litre petrol automatic version mated to a dual clutch transmission - claimed fuel efficiency is 17kmpl.
The Figo Aspire gets Ford's Kinetic Design-based styling - evident from the prominent hexagonal grille. There are many segment-firsts for the interior as well - these include six airbags, programmable key for limiting speed, leather seats and more.
Expect the Ford Figo Aspire prices to start from Rs 5.5 lakh - Rs 8.5 lakh
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Ford Figo Aspire:
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana
- NewsElectric vehicles can now be sold in India without batteries, states the Government
- NewsSteelbird India launches hands free face shield, plans to make 1 lakh units in three months