Ford Figo Sports and Aspire Sports prices start from Rs 6.31 lakh and Rs 6.50 lakh respectively
While the focus on cars in India has primarily been on fuel efficiency, there are a few mainstream car manufacturers trying to offer something different and exciting. Punto Abarth, Polo GT twins and the recently launched Baleno RS are some of the examples. And now Ford has also decided to enter the performance segment with its new offerings, Aspire Sports and Figo Sports. The Ford Figo Sports 1.2 petrol is priced at Rs 6.31 lakh while the Aspire petrol starts from 6.50 lakh, ex-Delhi. The diesel Figo is priced at Rs 7.21 lakh and the Aspire at Rs 7.60 lakh.
How different does it look from the regular model? Ford has added some styling bits to make it visually distinct from the regular variants. Smoked-finish headlights, black roof, spoiler and S decals on the side are some of the additions. It also comes equipped with 15-inch black alloys. Inside, Ford has gone for dark upholstery to make it look sportier than the regular car. The feature list remains unchanged except for S detailing seen at different places in the cabin.
Under the hood, the cars continue to use the 88PS/112Nm 1.2-litre petrol and 100PS/215Nm 1.5-litre diesel engines. The transmission options too have been retained. However, the major changes that make the new Figo cars distinct from the regular variants is the suspension. Ford states that the set-up has been tweaked and made firmer than before. The additional tweaking has made the ride stiffer than before. This in turn has supposedly improved the dynamics, making the Figo twins better handlers along with offering a more engaging drive experience.
We believe that with the addition of the Sports trims, Ford will offer a better value for money offering compared to its rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS, Volkswagen Polo GT and the Fiat Punto Abarth. Read our detailed first drive report here.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3