Ford Freestyle, Figo-based crossover to be unveiled in India on Jan 31
Ford will officially reveal a compact utility vehicle (CUV) based on its popular Ford Figo hatchback on January 31. The Figo cross-hatchback had been spotted undergoing tests undisguised recently. Reportedly named the Freestyle, the new cross-hatchback will come powered by a new 1.2-litre three-cylinder Dragon series petrol engine. The Dragon series made its debut with the new 1.5-litre petrol engine on the 2018 Ford EcoSport. To make it more of a crossover, the Ford Freestyle will have more rugged body panels and add-ons, as well as increased ground clearance for an SUV-like stance. Exterior changes including roof rails, body cladding for the sides and wheel arches, wider tyres, and larger wheels will complete the rugged look.
All variants will sport touchscreen infotainment system, with the lower-spec ones featuring a 6-inch display, while the top-spec variants will have an 8-inch option. A newer 5-speed manual transmission will also make its debut alongside the new engine. The Ford Freestyle will take the competition to other hatchback-based crossovers in the segment including the Hyundai i20 Active, and the Honda WR-V.
Image source: Carwale
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.08 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first dealership in Nashik, Maharashtra
- News2019 Skoda Superb Corporate edition launched in India at Rs 23.99 lakh
- FeaturesSimple tech: Camshafts
- NewsDakar 2019 Stage 9: Al-Attiyah claims Car category, Metge wins Moto class
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani