Ford Freestyle, Figo-based crossover to be unveiled in India on Jan 31
Ford will officially reveal a compact utility vehicle (CUV) based on its popular Ford Figo hatchback on January 31. The Figo cross-hatchback had been spotted undergoing tests undisguised recently. Reportedly named the Freestyle, the new cross-hatchback will come powered by a new 1.2-litre three-cylinder Dragon series petrol engine. The Dragon series made its debut with the new 1.5-litre petrol engine on the 2018 Ford EcoSport. To make it more of a crossover, the Ford Freestyle will have more rugged body panels and add-ons, as well as increased ground clearance for an SUV-like stance. Exterior changes including roof rails, body cladding for the sides and wheel arches, wider tyres, and larger wheels will complete the rugged look.
All variants will sport touchscreen infotainment system, with the lower-spec ones featuring a 6-inch display, while the top-spec variants will have an 8-inch option. A newer 5-speed manual transmission will also make its debut alongside the new engine. The Ford Freestyle will take the competition to other hatchback-based crossovers in the segment including the Hyundai i20 Active, and the Honda WR-V.
Image source: Carwale
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300