Ford Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
Ford has launched the Freestyle in India at Rs 5.09 lakh, ex-showroom. Agreeably, it is an attractive price especially when you consider its rivals, the Honda WR-V priced at Rs 7.78 lakh and the Hyundai i20 Active at Rs. 6.73 lakh, ex-showroom.
APRC champion Gaurav Gill and Ford India MD Anurag Mehrotra at the launch of the 2018 Ford
However, when you compare the Ford Freestyle with the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, one would realise that the Freestyle is Rs 42,000 lower than the Figo hatch and Rs 62,000 lower than the Aspire.
The last unit of the present-gen Ford being rolled out of the plant
Ford India has already started production of the new Aspire sedan as the last unit of the previous offering was rolled out in March. This will be a significant update on the Aspire which will cover the basic styling revisions and feature updates. Also, the new Dragon petrol will be introduced in the Aspire as well. the launch has been scheduled sometime in June 2018. We expect bookings to start close to the launch date, while the deliveries may begin at the end of June or early July.
The 2018 Ford Ka+ (right) that has been showcased in Europe is what the updated Figo could look like when launched in India later this year, while its Active variant (left) looks identical to the Ford Freestyle
Similarly the existing version of the Figo hatch too will get its set of revisions, which we believe will be similar to that on the Ford Freestyle. Here's how the 2018 Ford Figo would look like.
Ford will be offering the Freestyle in both petrol and diesel engines, mated to a manual transmission. The diesel unit has been retained from the Figo hatchback whereas the petrol is Ford's new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder Dragon series. We have already driven the 2018 Ford Freestyle and here are our initial impressions.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.74 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Three Hyundai employees test positive for COVID-19
- NewsObituary: Gaurav Jani, solo motorcycling documentary filmmaker, is no more
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!