Ford India announces price cut across the EcoSport range between Rs 30,000 - Rs 1.2 lakh
Ford India has announced a drop in prices for the EcoSport range with immediate effect. The sub-four metre compact SUV will now start at Rs 6.68 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the petrol variants and Rs 7.28 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the diesel variants. The prices are effective with immediate effect and Ford says that it's done this to enhance the "Value For Money proposition of the EcoSport".
The difference in prices is massive. There's a Rs 53,700 reduction for the 1.5-litre TiVCT petrol while the 1.5-litre TDCi diesel model is cheaper by a whopping Rs 1,12,300 (across the range).
Speaking about the price change, Anurag Mehrotra, executive director marketing, sales and service at Ford India said, " With enhanced competitive edge across the entire Ford EcoSport petrol and diesel line-up, we are happy to extend the joy of owning India's most loved compact SUV to many more customers and welcome them to the Ford family."
The Ford EcoSport is available with a choice of three engines, two petrol ( 1.5 -litre TiVCT and 1-litre Ecoboost) and one diesel (1.5-litre TDCi). Besides five-speed manual gearboxes, the EcoSport also gets an optional six-speed dual clutch automatic transmission in the 1.5-litre petrol engine. The 1.5-litre TiVCT petrol produces 112PS while the 1-litre Ecoboost produces 120PS. The diesel motor, on the other hand, produces 100PS. The EcoSport also comes with six airbags and Ford SYNC in the top spec.
Maruti-Suzuki has recently launched the Vitara Brezza at Rs 6.99 lakh, going upto Rs 9.68 lakh (ex-Delhi). However, it only gets a 1.3-litre, 90PS/200Nm diesel motor and a five speed manual transmission. It only gets two airbags.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza has garnered a tremendous response, especially since the prices were announced. Ford has reacted and we wait to see if Mahindra alters the price of the TUV300. Let the games begin!
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019