Ford India announces price cut across the EcoSport range between Rs 30,000 - Rs 1.2 lakh
Ford India has announced a drop in prices for the EcoSport range with immediate effect. The sub-four metre compact SUV will now start at Rs 6.68 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the petrol variants and Rs 7.28 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the diesel variants. The prices are effective with immediate effect and Ford says that it's done this to enhance the "Value For Money proposition of the EcoSport".
The difference in prices is massive. There's a Rs 53,700 reduction for the 1.5-litre TiVCT petrol while the 1.5-litre TDCi diesel model is cheaper by a whopping Rs 1,12,300 (across the range).
Speaking about the price change, Anurag Mehrotra, executive director marketing, sales and service at Ford India said, " With enhanced competitive edge across the entire Ford EcoSport petrol and diesel line-up, we are happy to extend the joy of owning India's most loved compact SUV to many more customers and welcome them to the Ford family."
The Ford EcoSport is available with a choice of three engines, two petrol ( 1.5 -litre TiVCT and 1-litre Ecoboost) and one diesel (1.5-litre TDCi). Besides five-speed manual gearboxes, the EcoSport also gets an optional six-speed dual clutch automatic transmission in the 1.5-litre petrol engine. The 1.5-litre TiVCT petrol produces 112PS while the 1-litre Ecoboost produces 120PS. The diesel motor, on the other hand, produces 100PS. The EcoSport also comes with six airbags and Ford SYNC in the top spec.
Maruti-Suzuki has recently launched the Vitara Brezza at Rs 6.99 lakh, going upto Rs 9.68 lakh (ex-Delhi). However, it only gets a 1.3-litre, 90PS/200Nm diesel motor and a five speed manual transmission. It only gets two airbags.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza has garnered a tremendous response, especially since the prices were announced. Ford has reacted and we wait to see if Mahindra alters the price of the TUV300. Let the games begin!
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018