Ford India is going through brand transformation, says executive director, marketing, sales & service, Anurag Mehrotra
We recently caught up with Anurag Mehrotra, executive director marketing, sales & service at Ford Motor Company at the 2016 Auto Expo to understand the different measures that the brand is taking to change the post sales experience of its customers.
"Ford has a completely new lineup of products in India with the latest one being the new Endeavour and the Mustang. The brand sees 2016 as a 'rocket' year and is all set to go through a brand transformation," said Anurag.
The company plans to take the post sales experience to the next level by getting it on a virtual platform which can be accessed by all the customers. Here, the customers will have an exact idea of the spares and repair jobs done on their cars giving them complete control to choose and customise them. Ford India also plans to display prices of various spares on its website.
In addition to making spares easily available, Ford India also plans to make the pricing of spares competitive. Anurag further stated that the prices of Ford's spares are 6 to 12 per cent cheaper than that of Maruti Suzuki.
He added that getting the right team for the right job with the right attitude is extremely important. Before they are put into service, dealership personnel are made to go through a mandatory psychometric test. They are also taken to the Ford plant to see the different manufacturing processes and stringent quality checks so they can be confident of the product while dealing with customers. Anurag said that this helps invoke a sense of passion for the brand among the team members.
Ford India launched the Endeavour and showcased the iconic Mustang last month. The American brand is getting more aggressive at increasing its market presence in India which is presently around three per cent. With the above measures, the brand wants to change the perception of its prospective customers.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?