Ford India is going through brand transformation, says executive director, marketing, sales & service, Anurag Mehrotra
We recently caught up with Anurag Mehrotra, executive director marketing, sales & service at Ford Motor Company at the 2016 Auto Expo to understand the different measures that the brand is taking to change the post sales experience of its customers.
"Ford has a completely new lineup of products in India with the latest one being the new Endeavour and the Mustang. The brand sees 2016 as a 'rocket' year and is all set to go through a brand transformation," said Anurag.
The company plans to take the post sales experience to the next level by getting it on a virtual platform which can be accessed by all the customers. Here, the customers will have an exact idea of the spares and repair jobs done on their cars giving them complete control to choose and customise them. Ford India also plans to display prices of various spares on its website.
In addition to making spares easily available, Ford India also plans to make the pricing of spares competitive. Anurag further stated that the prices of Ford's spares are 6 to 12 per cent cheaper than that of Maruti Suzuki.
He added that getting the right team for the right job with the right attitude is extremely important. Before they are put into service, dealership personnel are made to go through a mandatory psychometric test. They are also taken to the Ford plant to see the different manufacturing processes and stringent quality checks so they can be confident of the product while dealing with customers. Anurag said that this helps invoke a sense of passion for the brand among the team members.
Ford India launched the Endeavour and showcased the iconic Mustang last month. The American brand is getting more aggressive at increasing its market presence in India which is presently around three per cent. With the above measures, the brand wants to change the perception of its prospective customers.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018