Ford India recalls 16,400 EcoSports made between November 2013 and April 2014
Ford India has issued a voluntary recall of EcoSports made between November 2013 and April 2014, to fix an issue with the rear twist beam bolt. According to the company, it is possible that in some of these vehicles, the rear twist beam bolt might not have been tightened according to specification, which could cause pivot bolt to break. This could affect the way the car handles and could result in an accident, although none have been reported so far. This recall will affect just over 16,400 EcoSports sold during this period.
"Ford India is proactively contacting select customers to voluntarily inspect their EcoSport vehicles, made at the company's Chennai plant between November 2013 and April 2014, for a potential concern related to rear twist beam bolt," stated the company in a media release.
Starts Rs 7.31 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept