Ford India recalls 48,700 EcoSport units
Ford India has issued two recalls affecting around 48,700 EcoSport units. The first recall has been issued for around 48,000 Ford EcoSport diesel vehicles manufactured between April 2013 and June 2014. On these units, Ford will be installing a new bundle clip on the fuel and brake lines.
The second recall has been issued for 700 EcoSport units which were manufactured between January and February 2016 and come equipped with a 60:40 rear folding seat. In the official release, the company states that 'on certain vehicles the 40 per cent rear seat backrest might have been assembled with bolts that do not meet Ford's material specifications potentially causing them to break.'
The company says that so far there have been no customer complaints, accidents or injuries reported owing to these parts. The company is trying to reach out to owners of the affected vehicles. The vehicle owners are being requested to contact the nearest Ford dealership so that the parts can be fixed free of charge.
Ford has previously recalled the EcoSport multiple times. In December 2014, it recalled 20,752 units to check for a fuel and vapour line corrosion concern and to reorient the wiring harness for the deployment for the side airbags. In July 2013, the EcoSport diesel variants were recalled to relocate the Glow-plug Control Module to higher location within the engine bay.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X