Ford India recalls the last-gen Ford Endeavour, Freestyle, Figo and Aspire
Ford India has recalled 22,690 units of the last-generation Ford Endeavour in India. This SUV was made in India between February 2004 and September 2014 and was manufactured at its plant in Chennai, before being replaced by an all-new car. Customers who're are affected will be informed and can bring their car to a Ford dealership to get it fixed.
The company is voluntarily inspecting front airbag inflators in these cars. Further, the company is also inspecting the wiring harnesses installation for the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) for the Freestyle, facelifted Figo and Aspire. These were made at Ford's Sanand plant between September 2017 and April 2019, and amount to 30,000 units.
"These voluntary inspections are in line with the company's commitment to ensure complete peace-of-mind to its customers and long-term durability of their vehicles," Ford India said.
The earlier Ford Endeavour was powered by a 2.5-litre Duratorq diesel motor with 118PS and and 285Nm. Later a 3.0-litre, 156PS motor and a five-speed automatic was added.
The Freestyle was launched last year and is a crossover derived from the Ford Figo. Both come with the 1.2 litre three-cylinder Dragon petrol which offers 96PS and 120Nm. The diesel is the 1.5 litre unit and puts 100 PS and 215 Nm.
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300