Ford India recalls the last-gen Ford Endeavour, Freestyle, Figo and Aspire
Ford India has recalled 22,690 units of the last-generation Ford Endeavour in India. This SUV was made in India between February 2004 and September 2014 and was manufactured at its plant in Chennai, before being replaced by an all-new car. Customers who're are affected will be informed and can bring their car to a Ford dealership to get it fixed.
The company is voluntarily inspecting front airbag inflators in these cars. Further, the company is also inspecting the wiring harnesses installation for the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) for the Freestyle, facelifted Figo and Aspire. These were made at Ford's Sanand plant between September 2017 and April 2019, and amount to 30,000 units.
"These voluntary inspections are in line with the company's commitment to ensure complete peace-of-mind to its customers and long-term durability of their vehicles," Ford India said.
The earlier Ford Endeavour was powered by a 2.5-litre Duratorq diesel motor with 118PS and and 285Nm. Later a 3.0-litre, 156PS motor and a five-speed automatic was added.
The Freestyle was launched last year and is a crossover derived from the Ford Figo. Both come with the 1.2 litre three-cylinder Dragon petrol which offers 96PS and 120Nm. The diesel is the 1.5 litre unit and puts 100 PS and 215 Nm.
Starts Rs 28.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.15 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively