Ford India suspends Figo and Figo Aspire deliveries due to faulty restraint control module
Ford India recently halved the monthly production targets for the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire because of their poor sales numbers. And now, Ford India has confirmed that deliveries and test drives for the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire have been temporarily suspended. Dealers have been asked to not give test drives and also sell the current crop of vehicles until the investigations are completed. According to the company, these vehicles have an issue with a component in the ECU called the restraint control module. Deployment of the car's safety features like the airbags are controlled by this component. However, Ford hasn't mentioned anything about a recall as yet.
The top-spec Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire are two of the only cars in their segments to offer six airbags. The base variants meanwhile, come with driver and passenger airbags. Other safety features on these cars include ESP and traction control (only on the automatic Titanium trim) as well as ABS and EBD. The Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire are offered with three engine options one diesel and two petrols. We've driven the Ford Figo Aspire with the 100PS/215Nm 1.5-litre diesel and found it to be the best one in its segment. There are also the 88PS/112Nm 1.2-litre and 112PS/136Nm petrol engines on offer.
Ford India has issued this statement to the deliveries being suspended: "We have issued a Dealer Demonstration and Delivery Hold notice while we investigate a software concern related to the Restraints Control Module with Figo and Figo Aspire vehicles. Ford remains committed to delivering world-class quality vehicles to our customers, and Dealer Demonstration and Delivery Holds are part of that commitment."
More from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept