Ford India to focus on facelifts and Mahindra JV products until 2020
In an extension of Ford's global initiative to rationalise costs and improve margins, the company's Indian arm has also decided to focus on facelifts and JV products in the Indian market up to 2020.
This comes as the company also reduces its platform globally from 9 to 5. Also, even in its home market of the USA, Ford has stated it will shift focus from sedans to SUVs, alongside halo products like the Mustang.
This means that the Indian market will see facelifts of the company's existing line-up of cars like the Figo, Endeavour and Mustang and few more products which will be a result of Ford's recent tie-up with Mahindra.
This is a part of a wider range of cost-cutting initiatives as the company tries hard to turn its Indian business profitable. Other measures include reduced perks for employees, reuced hiring and doing away with expensive office spaces. Speaking to TOI on this matter, a spokesperson from Ford said that these maesues were being undertaken to reduce material and structural costs and use their capital in areas taht customers will appreciate and value.
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2018 Mahindra Alturas G4 first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India at Rs 7.44 lakh
- NewsYamaha collaborates with Hero Cycles and Mitsui & Co to develop e-cycles in India
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga India launch
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza production increased
- News2018 LA Auto Show: Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro to be unveiled on November 28
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998