Ford India to focus on facelifts and Mahindra JV products until 2020
In an extension of Ford's global initiative to rationalise costs and improve margins, the company's Indian arm has also decided to focus on facelifts and JV products in the Indian market up to 2020.
This comes as the company also reduces its platform globally from 9 to 5. Also, even in its home market of the USA, Ford has stated it will shift focus from sedans to SUVs, alongside halo products like the Mustang.
This means that the Indian market will see facelifts of the company's existing line-up of cars like the Figo, Endeavour and Mustang and few more products which will be a result of Ford's recent tie-up with Mahindra.
This is a part of a wider range of cost-cutting initiatives as the company tries hard to turn its Indian business profitable. Other measures include reduced perks for employees, reuced hiring and doing away with expensive office spaces. Speaking to TOI on this matter, a spokesperson from Ford said that these maesues were being undertaken to reduce material and structural costs and use their capital in areas taht customers will appreciate and value.
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh