Ford India to launch three new products in 2015
At the inauguration of its new plant in Sanand, Gujarat, Ford announced its plans of launching three new cars in India. During the function, Ford displayed the Figo Aspire which will be its first product for 2015. Essentially the production version of the Figo sedan concept shown at the 2014 Auto Expo, the Figo Aspire is Ford India's entry into the tax friendly sub-4 metre sedan category.
Ford Aspire is a sub-4m sedan based on the upcoming Figo hatchback
The Figo Aspire is based on the same platform as the new Figo hatchback, which too is slated for its India launch this year. Both these cars will be powered by 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel options. For the Figo Aspire, the petrol engine will produce between 85 and 90PS of max power while the diesel is expected to churn out anything from 95 to 100PS. The top-spec trim for the Figo Aspire will get six airbags and ABS. Both the hatchback and the sedan will get an all-new electronic power steering system.
While the Figo hatchback will continue to rival cars such as the Honda Brio, Maruti Suzuki Ritz and the Hyundai Grand i10, the Figo Aspire will take on the likes of the Honda Amaze, Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Tata Zest.
The Figo hatchback will continue to use the 1.2-litre engine and will also get option of the 1.5 diesel from the Fiesta. Image credit: Jay Dalal
The third product from Ford India this year would be the all new Endeavour SUV. As we reported yesterday, the 2016 Endeavour had also begun testing in India. Slated for a festive-season launch, the Endeavour is expected to come with two engine options and will be available in automatic and 4x4 variants. Unlike the Figo hatchback and Figo Aspire, which will be manufactured locally, the Endeavour will be imported from Indonesia and brought to India via the CKD route.
The Ford Everest launched at the Bangkok Motor Show this week is the replacement for the Endeavour in India
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India