Ford India to launch three new products in 2015
At the inauguration of its new plant in Sanand, Gujarat, Ford announced its plans of launching three new cars in India. During the function, Ford displayed the Figo Aspire which will be its first product for 2015. Essentially the production version of the Figo sedan concept shown at the 2014 Auto Expo, the Figo Aspire is Ford India's entry into the tax friendly sub-4 metre sedan category.
Ford Aspire is a sub-4m sedan based on the upcoming Figo hatchback
The Figo Aspire is based on the same platform as the new Figo hatchback, which too is slated for its India launch this year. Both these cars will be powered by 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel options. For the Figo Aspire, the petrol engine will produce between 85 and 90PS of max power while the diesel is expected to churn out anything from 95 to 100PS. The top-spec trim for the Figo Aspire will get six airbags and ABS. Both the hatchback and the sedan will get an all-new electronic power steering system.
While the Figo hatchback will continue to rival cars such as the Honda Brio, Maruti Suzuki Ritz and the Hyundai Grand i10, the Figo Aspire will take on the likes of the Honda Amaze, Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Tata Zest.
The Figo hatchback will continue to use the 1.2-litre engine and will also get option of the 1.5 diesel from the Fiesta. Image credit: Jay Dalal
The third product from Ford India this year would be the all new Endeavour SUV. As we reported yesterday, the 2016 Endeavour had also begun testing in India. Slated for a festive-season launch, the Endeavour is expected to come with two engine options and will be available in automatic and 4x4 variants. Unlike the Figo hatchback and Figo Aspire, which will be manufactured locally, the Endeavour will be imported from Indonesia and brought to India via the CKD route.
The Ford Everest launched at the Bangkok Motor Show this week is the replacement for the Endeavour in India
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018