Ford EcoSport facelift to get new Dragon 123PS/150Nm petrol engine in India
Ford India has revealed the new 1.5-litre 3-cylinder Ti-VCT Dragon petrol engine, which is being manufactured at its vehicle assembly and engine plant in Sanand, Gujarat. Incidentally, the engine which is built for the Indian and Brazilian markets is only being made at this facility. The new Dragon engine replaces the current 1.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine. This new Ti-VCT 3-cylinder engine produces 123PS/150Nm and will be first seen on the upcoming Ford EcoSport facelift. The new Ford EcoSport will be launched after Diwali, sources said. The Dragon engine produces 10 per cent more power and 7 per cent more torque. Compared to the outgoing 4-cylinder engine, the Ford 3-cylinder Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient, claims Ford India. Ford also said that they make a Dragon engine every 26 seconds. They make 750 engines every day.
The Ford 3-cylinder Dragon Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient than before
The Ti-VCT stands for Twin independent Variable Camshaft Timing, which leads to quicker throttle response and efficiency. The system allows each intake and exhaust cam to function independently with changing engine operating conditions, says Ford India. In the new Ford EcoSport which will be launched in coming weeks, the engine will come mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Last month, Ford Europe had unveiled the 2018 Ford EcoSport facelift, while the facelifted EcoSport for India has been spotted testing recently too.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018