Ford EcoSport facelift to get new Dragon 123PS/150Nm petrol engine in India
Ford India has revealed the new 1.5-litre 3-cylinder Ti-VCT Dragon petrol engine, which is being manufactured at its vehicle assembly and engine plant in Sanand, Gujarat. Incidentally, the engine which is built for the Indian and Brazilian markets is only being made at this facility. The new Dragon engine replaces the current 1.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine. This new Ti-VCT 3-cylinder engine produces 123PS/150Nm and will be first seen on the upcoming Ford EcoSport facelift. The new Ford EcoSport will be launched after Diwali, sources said. The Dragon engine produces 10 per cent more power and 7 per cent more torque. Compared to the outgoing 4-cylinder engine, the Ford 3-cylinder Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient, claims Ford India. Ford also said that they make a Dragon engine every 26 seconds. They make 750 engines every day.
The Ford 3-cylinder Dragon Ti-VCT is 7 per cent more fuel efficient than before
The Ti-VCT stands for Twin independent Variable Camshaft Timing, which leads to quicker throttle response and efficiency. The system allows each intake and exhaust cam to function independently with changing engine operating conditions, says Ford India. In the new Ford EcoSport which will be launched in coming weeks, the engine will come mated to either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Last month, Ford Europe had unveiled the 2018 Ford EcoSport facelift, while the facelifted EcoSport for India has been spotted testing recently too.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh