Ford India will not update Endeavour with 2.0L turbo diesel engine
OVERDRIVE has learnt that Ford India will not update the Endeavour SUV with the 2.0L twin-turbo engine option which is already on sale in the international markets. Ford will instead offer the same drivetrain in the upcoming 2019 Endeavour as its predecessor.
In international markets, the updated Ford Endeavour is offered with a 2.0L diesel engine in single turbo and twin turbo variants. However, it will be an expensive affair for the manufacturer to homologate the new engine which in result will hike the price of the upcoming 2019 Ford Endeavour.
The internationally available 2.0L diesel unit churns 180PS of power and 420Nm of torque with the single turbo unit while the twin-turbo setup produces 213PS and 500Nm of torque. The international spec SUV is offered with a 10-speed automatic gearbox with both the engines.
The Ford Endeavour is currently offered with two engine options, a 2.2L and a 3.2L diesel engine, mated to six-speed automatic transmissions. While a six-speed manual variant of the smaller-engine was available earlier and discontinued due to low demand, Ford will reintroduce that option with the refreshed Endeavour. The 2.2L diesel produces 158PS of power and 385Nm of torque while the 3.2L diesel engine makes 197PS and 470Nm. The 2.2L diesel engine is available in a rear wheel drive layout while the 3.2L diesel engine offers four-wheel-drive drivetrain.
Also see: Ford Endeavour drive review Video
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block